This Wearable Kit is made by Plug'n'Wear specifically for the Arduino Store. This is our best choice if you want to experiment with wearable sensors and actuators and move your first steps into cloth and interactive wearable design.
Fabrics in this kit are produced in Italy, and strongly related to a textile family business in fabrics production. If you want to get deeper into the story of this product have a look at Riccardo Marchesi presentation (soon to be translate in english) at World Wide Rome 2012.
This kit features:
- 1x Circular Stretch Sensor Designed by Hannah Perner-Wilson, this circular knit stretch sensor works perfect when you need to detect tension in many projects.
- 2x Textile push button to make easy digital inputs in cloth, scarfs o bags.
- 2x Spools of Conductive thread, ready to be hooked over a sewing machine
- 2x Soft potentiometer kit will let you import analog data into your wearable project: this kit includes 1 meter of knitted conductive tape and a metal ring. Watch it in action (see video)
- 10x 1k ohm resistor
- 10x 10k ohm resistor
- 1x Textile perfboard is going to change the way you think of wearable circuits. You can sew or even solder components (SMD & through-hole) on this . It can be easily cut or sewn with a standard sewing machine. Washable. Size: 15 cm x 15 cm (6" x 6") / Pitch: 2.54 mm (0.1")
- 1x Knitted Coated Copper Tape. Small conductive tape made of coated copper fine wire (112 micron). Flexible, easy to cut, sewable with a standard sewing machine, It can be easily welded ( The coating will melt and tape will be soldered). The surface of this tape has a good insulation thrughout its lenght. Resistance: 107 Ohm/m. Width: 9 mm (0.35")
- 1x Analog Textile Press Button, working with a resistive principle (resistance goes down when you press it). It works as a bend sensor as well. By connecting more sensors together it is possible to make a matrix analog switch. Sensitive area 40mm x 40mm (1.57"x1.57")
- 2x LilyPad LED Bright White A simple, very bright, 250mcd, white LED LilyPad