MAKERphone - Ringo Standard Kit
This neat little device is an open-source mobile phone that you can build yourself.
MAKERphone is an educational device shaped like a mobile phone.
Its purpose: to motivate people to explore, learn and create something new in a fun and interesting way.
Based on our experience, an 11-year-old kid should be able to assemble a MAKERphone kit with a tiny bit of help from an adult.
Estimated build time: 5 hours.
Building the MAKERphone kit is just the beginning.
After that, you'll spend numerous hours creating your own games and apps and experimenting with hardware.
What you'll learn with MAKERphone:
- How to solder properly
- What are the basic electronic components and what are their functions
- What are microcontrollers and some basics of digital electronics
- How to program a microcontroller in C/C++
- How a basic mobile phone works
- How to extend beyond MAKERphone’s capabilities by adding various expansion modules