littleBits Code Kit
Coding is a fundamental 21st-century skill. But in the future, knowing code won’t be enough. What you DO with code will be what matters. That's why the littleBits Code Kit was built to facilitate creative problem-solving, combining electronic building blocks with approachable drag-and-drop block programming. It brings coding into the real world, keeps students hyper-engaged as they build and play their own fun games, and gives them a foundation of coding as a creative tool that can power innovative inventions. Students get started inventing four interactive games: tug-of-war, hot potato, ultimate shootout, and rockstar guitar. From there they can customize the code, and even create new, unique inventions and games. During gameplay, students develop coding, engineering skills as they embrace failure, think critically, make their own rules, and collaborate. Plus, the kit was co-designed with teachers, for teachers. This ensures it's easy to integrate into any curriculum, makerspace, or library and aligns to Next Generation Science Standards; Computer Science Standards. The littleBits Code Kit is the simple solution to education's need for a coding program in a box. It's packed with everything necessary to bring fun, engaging learning to the classroom - even for educators with no prior STEM/STEAM experience.
The kit comes with:
- 16 Bits;
- 30+ accessories and student/teacher getting-started guides;
- Tons of digital resources including videos, tutorials, shareable online docs, and the computer-based littleBits Code Kit App with step-by-step invention instructions, coding tutorials, and more. .
With this kit you can:
- Create 4+ inventions. Comes with everything students need to build & code 4 fun games, then get creative and invent their own!
- Access 1 resource-rich coding app. The computer-based littleBits Code Kit app provides step-by-step instructions, video tutorials, online shareable docs, and more.
- Browse 100+ activities & 8 lessons. Cross-curricular activities fit into any classroom, library, or makerspace.
- Aligns to standards. Learning objectives in lessons tie to NGSS & Computer Science standards.