The RCWL-0516 is particularly suitable as an alternative to using a PIR motion sensor.
When it detects a moving object, the output changes from a low logic level to a high level (3.3 volts). Appropriately interfaced (Arduino, Fishino or other), it can be used for the automatic opening of electric doors and gates, automatic lighting.
Detection range is about 9 meters.
- Power supply: from 4 volts to 28 volts
- Consumption: typical 2.8 mA; max. 3 mA
- Detection distance: from 5 to 9 meters
- Transmission power: typical 20 mW; max. 30 mW
- Output voltage and current: 3.2-3.4 volts - 100 mA
- Operating temperature: from -20°C to +80°C
- Pin definition: 3V3: 3.3 volt output voltage
- GND: negative power supply
- OUT: when it detects a moving object, it changes from a low level to a high level (3.3 volts)
- VIN: positive power supply from 4 volts to 28 volts
- CDS: if kept low, less than 0.7 volts, the output will always be low even in the presence of motion