ARDUINO CTC GO! - MOTIONS EXPANSION PACK
If you’ve taken your students through the CTC GO! - Core Module, the Motions Expansion Pack will build on what they have already learned about how to use technology as a tool and how to apply that knowledge in the real world. The Motions Expansion Pack challenges them to go a step further in computing and design and technology by introducing them to new and more complex programming concepts that develop their logical reasoning, computational thinking, and problem-solving skills. Students will expand on their knowledge and skills in STEAM subjects to learn about motions by adding mobility to the hands-on, playful projects and transforming the movement their motors provide. As an educator, you’ll still get all the teaching support you need with webinars, videos, guides, and direct contact with an expert.
What Does Every Module Include?
- TOOLBOX: All the specific motions components and materials you need to build several guided experiments and projects in addition to the Core Module components.
- SOFTWARE PLATFORM FOR EDUCATORS with all the materials you need for each lesson, resources to help you with lesson preparation, content tips, timing suggestions for classroom management, and curriculum links
- SOFTWARE PLATFORM FOR PUPILS with step-by-step instructions, assembly videos, and fun activities to help them get started with programming, electronics and building fully-functional, interactive projects (educators also have prior access to this platform so they can prepare and adapt their lesson plans)
- TRAINING AND SUPPORT including a welcome training webinar with an Arduino Education expert, training videos that explain each lesson’s concepts, shorter videos that expand on lesson content, and direct email support from an education expert.
This expansion pack includes 14 learning sessions:
- 7 Guided sessions: 4 Guided activities lessons to learn how to start working with motors and 3 Guided project-building sessions to apply the acquired knowledge
- 7 Self-guided project-building sessions
During these sessions students will develop and build their own projects
The seven self-guided project-building sessions that follow give students the confidence they need to work both under their own initiative and collaboratively with their peers, boosting their essential 21st-century skills
As in the core module, the expansion pack includes teacher content, teacher guides and premium training and support with an Arduino Education expert.
|Age group||14 - 17|
|Students Up to||24|
|Teachers Up to||3|
Additional information on our educational programs is available on the Arduino Education page
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CTC GO! - Motions Expansion Pack Toolbox
- 8 Standard Servo Motors
- 8 Continuous Servo Motors
- 8 Student group boxes: Each student group will have a components box with the materials they need to add to the CTC GO! Core Module ones to work on the experimental lessons.
- 16 Li-on 18650 batteries
- 8 battery holders
- 2 battery chargers
- 8 9V batteries
- Jumper wires
- Two markers
- Two screwdrivers
- Assembly mechanical pieces: Include the modular building pieces needed to be combined with the already existing in the Core Module to be able to build 4 different guided projects.
Each CTC GO! module purchase includes user access to the online platform. Up to three educators are granted access, and can subsequently manage student access with a 24-slot limit per toolbox.
With your CTC GO! Motions Expansion Pack registration code, you will unlock the access to this new module while keeping all your previous CTC GO! content
The online platform runs on a custom-made Learning Management System (LMS), which helps students get started with programming, electronics and building fully-functional, interactive projects under the guidance of educators. Currently available in English, but more languages will be added in the future.
Educators are granted access prior to students, so they can prepare and adapt their lesson plans with more engaging and creative techniques. This allows them to integrate the latest technologies into their curriculum.
The content and class dynamics are specially designed to enhance students’ problem-solving and teamwork skills in a collaborative environment.
- STUDENT CONTENT
- Practical lesson 1: Making Things Move
- Practical lesson 2: Circular to Linear Movement
- Practical lesson 3: Continuous Rotation
- Practical lesson 4: Gears and Pulleys
- 3 Project building sessions: Guided projects based on the already learnt concepts.
- 7 Experimental sessions: The students are able to experiment building their own projects. By the end of the course, students will have the option to create their own projects and share them with the Arduino Education community.
Note that the CTC GO! program duration is flexible and based on the number of lessons the students take each week (two to three lessons per week are recommended).
Educators guide: Content dedicated to educators which goal is to orientate and help on how to go through the program based on the knowledge and experience collected from previous experiences.
CTC GO! Premium Training and Support
The Arduino Education team is dedicated to provide support in order to help educators solve potential challenges while teaching CTC content. We also advise educators on how to guide students through the development of new projects derived from the knowledge acquired in the previous programs.
CTC GO! support includes:
- Online welcome training webinar with an Arduino Education expert
- Training video lessons explaining concepts that the educators will use with the students
- Knowledge video pills to expand the content of the lesson plans
- Support email that will be answered from an education expert within the first business hour. An online video call can also be requested
(The Arduino support team business schedule goes from 9:30 until 17:30 CET).
- How is the CTC GO! program structured?
The CTC GO! program is structured as a modular program to teach STEAM subjects starting with the core module, which explores the basics of programming and electronics. From this point forward the educators can tailor their learning experience based on their curriculums.
- Which expansion packs are available at the moment?
At the moment the following expansion packs are available: CTC GO! Motions Expansion Pack
- Do I need the CTC GO! Core Module to use the expansion packs?
Yes, in order to go through each expansion pack it is required to have gone first through the core module, as it is needed to learn the basics of CTC and also contains components that need to be combined with the expansion packs ones to be able to build the projects.
- What languages does the online platform support?
At this moment CTC GO! Motions expansion pack is available in English, Spanish and French.
- Does the expansion packs come with their own hardware or is it shared with the core module?
Each expansion pack has its own toolbox with specific materials. However, they need to be combined with part of the hardware found in the Core module.
- Can the core module and expansion pack be used at the same time by students from different classes?
Since each expansion pack shares components (such as electronic components, assembly pieces, Arduino boards and shields…) with the Core Module toolbox, it is not possible to run both at the same time with students from different classes.
Access to Online Platform
- How do I access the online content for my expansion pack?
The access to the online content for each expansion pack works the same way as the one for CTC GO! Core Module, meaning that there is a unique code per toolbox that will give access to the specific content of the module. The classroom will have access to the module they have purchased added to all the content of all the modules they have previously purchased.
- How many educators and students can be added to the platform?
The CTC GO! program allows 3 educators and 24 students to be added to the platform.
- When does the one-year access to the platform start counting?
The one-year access starts once each CTC GO! module is activated by entering the product key found on the toolbox.The yearly period cannot be stopped and resumed later.
- Do I get an extra year with every module added?
Yes, each module in the CTC GO! program allows users to access the platform one year but every additional module will extend the access one more year. For instance, if you have registered the CTC GO! Core module and one more CTC GO! expansion module, you will have two years of access to the platform.
- How can educators get an extra year access to the online platform to the same module?
Users receive access to the online platform for a year per module. Up to 3 educators and 24 students are granted access through accounts that can be activated one time only. Educators can then add students to the platform at any time within that year.
- What are the minimum requirements to use CTC GO! in the classroom?
Schools running the CTC GO! program should have student access to computers with Internet (at least one computer per group) and the ability to download the required software, a dedicated room that can function as a workshop (or at least a room with tables), and common accessories such as pens, scissors, sticky tape, etc.
- How many students can use the program?
The kit includes boards, shields, components and platform access for a class of up to 24 students to work simultaneously in groups in a project based manner.
- What is the Intro Webinar and is it mandatory?
The intro webinar is an introduction of the program with an Arduino expert who will assist you in getting started and guide you through setting up your product. It is not mandatory but we highly recommend participating since it is an excellent opportunity to ask questions about the CTC GO! program before going through the content.
- How long do I have to wait if I submit a question?
The Arduino Support Team will provide a first reply to your request within one hour of our business hours (The Arduino Support Team business schedule goes from 9:30 until 17:30 CET).
- What’s the duration of the online support sessions?
The webinars lasts around 30 minutes, depending on the questions to be asked.
ARDUINO CTC GO! - MOTIONS EXPANSION PACK
Build on your high school students’ STEM knowledge with more complex programming concepts that develop computational thinking and 21st-century skills.
Our online platform and content, that you can access by using this kit, are available in MULTIPLE languages.